The terms and conditions of the Contest are as mentioned below:
- The Contest is valid for all Indian citizens, except HomeShop18 employees and their family members, and HomeShop18’s affiliate/associate/subsidiary companies and its suppliers, advertising agencies and event management companies.
- Below are the details for submission and winner selection dates:
- Name of the Contest: Your Day of Fame
- Contest Days: Ongoing
- Winner Announcement Date will be communicated via facebook, twitter official HomeShop18 page
- The Contest will be held on HomeShop18’s official Facebook & twitter pages. Participants must use #YourDayOfFame with their entries. And write caption “I want to participate”
- Winner selection: One “Winner” will be selected by HomeShop18. Decisions in relation to the Contest and matters incidental thereto shall be final and binding.
- The Winner shall be eligible to appear on HomeShop18 show 18 shringar –Stylish Saturday (hereinafter called “the Prize”) on submission of the relevant information detailed in below mentioned clauses.
- The Winner will have to share his/her address and contact details by Direct Message.
- In the event the Winner is unreachable, or fails to submit address and contact details via DM, or fails to claim the Prize within a stipulated time, the Prize shall stand forfeited and no claims shall be entertained in this regard.
- The Prize shall be on “AS IS” basis and HomeShop18 shall not be responsible for the same and no disputes shall be entertained in this regard.
- HomeShop18 further reserves the right to reject any entry by a participant which is either invalid, incomplete, derogatory, or the documents submitted by the winner prima facie appears to be false and fabricated.
- The Prize cannot be exchanged with any product or item, is non-transferable and cannot be encashed under any circumstances.
- Participation in the Contest implies that participants agree to all Terms & Conditions of the Contest. Anybody found using any unfair means will be immediately disqualified.
- Participation in the Contest is voluntary. By participating in this Contest, participants agree to receive communication from HomeShop18 relating to the Contest. Participant unconditionally agrees not to make any claim or raise any complaint against HomeShop18 and/or its officers, directors, employees, subsidiary or any authorized third party agency in this respect.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. The participant will be providing their information to HomeShop18 and not to social media channels. By participating in the Contest, the participant hereby consents to the accessing of information of the user on social media platforms of HomeShop18 and/or authorized third party agency for the purpose of this Contest.
- HomeShop18 shall be at liberty to use the entries received for its media coverage, advertising or publicity in any form which is existing today or will be known anytime in the future without any further consideration to the participants, including promotion of any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by it.
- Participant agrees that all/any entries with regard to the Contest are their responsibility.
- Homeshop18 reserves the right to change, modify, alter, postpone or cancel this Contest in part or in full or change any or all of the Terms and Conditions and/or eligibility criteria of this Contest at any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice/intimation and without assigning any reason. Homeshop18 shall not be liable for any consequential losses/damages arising out of such change, modifications, alteration, postponement or cancelation of this Challenge.
- This Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. All matters with respect to this Challenge are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at New Delhi only.
Representation and Warranties by Participant:
- Participant represents and warrants that he/she is legally competent to enter into binding contracts under applicable laws. By taking part and/or entering into the Contest, the participant warrants that all information provided by the participant regarding his/her name, age, state, city, address, phone number, etc., is true, correct, accurate and complete and that the participant is authorized to provide such information and consent to the use of such information by HomeShop18 and/or its third party agency.
- Participant represents and warrants that the entries shall not (i) violate the rights of any party including but not limited to the intellectual property rights; or (ii) contain anything which, if published, would adversely affect the reputation of HomeShop18.
- Participant agrees not to post entries which: (a) are harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, blasphemous, objectionable, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, pedophilic, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; (b) cause annoyance or inconvenience or deceive or mislead the customer about the origin of such content which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; (c) belong to another person or entity (d) are adverse, offensive/derogatory to corporations or brands; (e) are adverse, offensive/derogatory to any personality, living or dead; (f) are adverse, offensive/derogatory to communities, living or extinct (g) are adverse, offensive/derogatory to any city, building, geographical feature, etc. that can be singularly/uniquely identified in the world (h) are adverse, offensive/derogatory to any gender (i) are adverse, offensive/derogatory to animals; (j) are adverse, offensive/derogatory to physical/racial attributes; (k) are lascivious or appeal to the prurient interest or the effect whereof is such as to tend to deprave or corrupt any person; (l) whose presentation, dissemination or disclosure whereof, infringes any patent, trademark or any intellectual property right or confidentiality obligation; (m) be declared by HomeShop18 acting in its sole discretion, to be opposed to standards of morality or decency, or to be opposed to public policy or to HomeShop18’s internal code of conduct or other policies/guidelines adopted by HomeShop18; (n) are adverse, offensive/derogatory to any other companies, organizations, religious associations, political parties, governments (state and central), anyone’s private life, any other commercial and non-commercial entities; (o) which could give ground for action for defamation or misrepresentation or breach of confidence or breach of copyright or is otherwise offensive to the public; (p) which incite terrorism, the misuse of weapon, or encourage or incite a person to commit criminal offence; (q) that suggest or encourage or incite any person to use harmful substance or engage to dangerous practices; (r) whose purpose either directly or indirectly is to promote the sales of goods or services.
- Participants agree that HomeShop18 shall have sole rights to information posted by participants as regards the Contest.
- Participant agrees and consents that all information submitted by the participant including but not limited to the submissions and personal information may be required to be shared with other third parties engaged by HomeShop18, for the purposes of verifying and/or auditing the authenticity of the entries received.
- Participant gives HomeShop18 the right to publish and broadcast anywhere in the world, for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes and in any media, the participant’s and/or the Winner’s name, image, likeness and/or photograph (except where prohibited by law) without any further permission or consent or consideration in any form, including but not limited to, royalty.
- Participants agree that HomeShop18 shall not be liable for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize.
- Participant hereby agrees to indemnify and keep HomeShop18, its associated companies, its third party agency and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents, indemnified against any and all losses, claims (including but not limited to third party claims), injuries, costs, fees, fines, penalties, taxes, charges and any other liability arising out of any act of omission, commission, fraud, negligence or misconduct by the participant.
- HomeShop18 shall not be responsible for system outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted transmissions or other technological difficulties or any other force majeure event that may prevent a Participant from participating in the Contest. Further, HomeShop18 will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries or Prizes; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest or (f) any delay, damage, non receipt, lost, misrouted Prizes.
- HomeShop18 shall not be liable for delay in delivery of Prize due to non-availability of stocks or for any other reason beyond its control.
- HomeShop18 shall not be responsible for the slow internet connection or stoppage of bytes during the log-in session. It is the Participant´s sole discretion to use dial-up or broadband connection.
- HomeShop18 has the right to cancel entries with incomplete information or illegal contents (statements of a racist, sexist or defamatory nature) or statements glorifying violence which could be construed as deriding or insulting or similarly offending specific individuals or groups.
- HomeShop18 shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to Act of God, Governmental actions, other force majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss.
- HomeShop18 reserves the absolute right to amend the terms and conditions of the Contest or extend the Contest Day or cancel or discontinue the Contest or any part thereof without giving any reasons or prior notice.
- HomeShop18 accepts no responsibility of licensing and copyright issues of the uploaded and/or edited images. Should the Participant have questions about licensing issues and copyright, Participant must contact their appropriate local legal services forum for advice. Any postings of pictures by Participant, will be presumed by HomeShop18 as consented by Participant or subject to fulfillment of any IPR related formalities by such Participant. HomeShop18 shall always trust the same in good faith, unless any claim is made by any third party, for which the Participant hereby indemnifies HomeShop18 for all claims, costs, damages, risks and expenses.
- In no event shall HomeShop18 be liable for losses or any incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the Contest, its services or this agreement (however arising, including negligence). HomeShop18 shall not be responsible for any product or service liability of any kind.
- In the event of any conflict or inconsistency regarding any instructions, rules and conditions on any advertising or promotional material relating to the Contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, title and interest including but not limited to the Intellectual Property Rights in the promotional material(s) and any/all registrations received shall vest solely and exclusively with HomeShop18 at all times and HomeShop18 shall be entitled to use the database of the entries received or any information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purpose without any further reference or payment or compensation to Participant. Participant shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise due to any kind of infringement of copyrights or any kind of intellectual property rights belonging to any other person/ entity etc. and also undertake to indemnify HomeShop18 and its officers, directors, employees etc on the happening of such an event (including without limitation cost of attorney, legal charges etc.) on full indemnity basis